As part of our long term business strategy we focus heavily on competency and training. Around half of the training undertaken each year is delivered by our in-house trainers.
We are registered Plant Trainers through the National Operator Training Licensing Scheme.
Other in-house training includes Manual Handling, COSHH Awareness and the safe use of abrasive wheels.
- All employees complete the 2 day Client Contractor National Safety Group, (CCNSG), safety passport training course as a minimum requirement for working on site.
- AW employs a full time site-based safety officer with the Nebosh, (National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health), National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety, and the Nebosh Environmental certificate.
- Site supervisors and site managers have achieved the IOSH, (Institute of Safety and Health), managing safely qualification
- Project managers hold the SMSTS, (Site Managers Safety Training Scheme), Construction Site Managers Safety Certificate.
- Senior management have the Nebosh Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety and IOSH Managing Safely.